|Home » |
PLEASE NOTE* WE CAN ONLY SHIP THIS ITEM WITHIN THE CONTINENTAL U.S.
PLEASE NOTE* WE CAN ONLY SHIP THIS ITEM WITHIN THE CONTINENTAL U.S.
|Average Customer Rating:
|| based on 527 reviews|
Average Customer Review:
( 527 customer reviews )
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
140 of 146 found the following review helpful:
A Video Review of the Little People Disney Princess Songs PalaceSep 23, 2012
Watch Video Here: http://www.amazon.com/review/R2ODZ8YU801QI7 Some times it is easy to decide if your child will like (or love) a certain toy. The Disney Little-People Princess Song Palace is one of those toys. If you have a daughter who like the Disney princesses then she will likely love this princess palace. It features all of the things that are needed to provide hours of imaginative play time. For our daughter (who is 3) immediately fell in love with her palace. She played with it for 2 hours straight, and begged to play with it before she went to bed. Rarely has she been so excited to play with a new toy.
I also feel that it will likely have some staying power. Most of our daughter's electronic toys have a tendency to fade after a week or two. They seem to be high on gimmick and low on long-term playing power. Because of the variety of princesses and the ability to integrate the princesses into story-lines it offers hours of imaginative play.
- Comes with Snow White and Cinderella, but more princesses can be purchased separately.
- One of the coolest features is that when a princess is placed on the peg in the middle of the dance floor they will either state their name (in their true voice) or play a familiar phrase or song.
- The dance floor has two small *cups* that will hold the princess and allow them to dance and twirl on the floor. In addition to the dance the palace also plays ball-room music.
-Assembly is a bit of a pain - please allow about 30 minutes for assembly. Others have mentioned it but the assembly is not intuitive and can be a bit frustrating.
- Two volume settings.
- A tea pot int he kitchen make a tea pot sound and other sounds.
- The front door play a quick but regal sound whenever the doors are opened or closed.
- The elevator on the side of the palace is a bit difficult to use. It really does not go up or down easily - this is probably our biggest complaint on the palace.
- The Palace does come with some furniture - including a bed, table, and two chairs.
Final Verdict - This is a very easy recommendation for any little girl who enjoys the Disney princesses.
4 1/2 Stars
93 of 97 found the following review helpful:
We've got a winner!Aug 17, 2012
My hubby and I bought this palace, the additional princess dolls (set of 6 sold at Target) and the additional sets with the princes (sea carriage with Ariel and Eric is adorable!) all for our 2 year olds birthday. We opened the palace and she has not stopped playing with it since. This has become a toy that gets played with every single day. Our 5 year old loves it, too! This castle is a HUGE hit in our house. It has so many cute phrases and song clips from each of the princess movies. When you place the dolls on the center circle of the dance floor, each princess introduces herself, says a few character phrases and then sings a song clip from her movie. Our girls adore this feature. Our two year old claps in excitement and dances along with the songs. It's so cute. The palace also encourages the girls to be creative and use their imagination while playing. It came in a few easy to screw in and snap together pieces. You will need a small Phillips head screw driver to assemble some of it. Nothing major. No defects with our pieces. It took us about 10 mins to assemble, including peeling the stickers off the sheet and placing them on the pieces. This is a classically sturdy Fisher Price quality toy, it is colorful and fun. Each room or accessory has a sticker that incorporates parts of the Disney Princess movies. Example, Rapunzel's tower has the floating lanterns and a baby Pascal (her chameleon) painted on the wall. Another room is about Cinderella, the bedroom has the three good fairies from Sleeping Beauty. Our girls totally love the castle and all the dolls that we purchased to go with it. Their little imaginations run wild making up stories about being invited to the ball etc. Seeing our little ones happy makes us happy parents. No complaints from this family. If your little one(s) adore Disney Princess the way ours do, our advice is: buy this castle! :-)
119 of 150 found the following review helpful:
Exciting for Kids, Less Excited ParentJul 31, 2012
By C Miller
I was so excited to get this for our 3-year old who LOVES Little People but have a mixed experience with it.
I can totally see how as a kid, this toy would be AMAZING.
As a parent, however, I have had some frustrations:
1. The first castle we bought only recognized some of the princesses - Cinderella thought she was Rapunzel and we couldn't even get Tiana or Sleeping Beauty to work at all (from the expansion pack). I would imagine this is a fluke, but we had to get right back in the car and return it (bought at Target for less than this Amazon price). The good news is they accepted it fully put together as defective, but I would definitely suggest testing the base before putting the whole thing together.
2. Speaking of assembly, you absolutely must have very skinny Phillips Head -- we had a heck of time getting a screw driver tiny enough and long enough for some of the screws/pieces and you have to be very careful not to strip them in the process.
3. For a more expensive toy, some of the pieces we warped based in how it was packed (in ours the bedroom floor is slanted instead of flat).
4. Our daughter is already frustrated with the ONE SONG that plays for the dance floor - sometimes you can hit another button to make it stop, but most of time it doesn't and you have to wait for it to finish. It got old to her (and me) very quickly.
5. My nostalgia and daughter's excitement totally enticed me to buy this, but really, they could have done a MUCH better job with what they gave some the princesses to say and sing. Snow White sounds beyond antiquated and sings, "I'm waiting for my Prince..." -- I'm not overly shielding my daughter from the whole princess thing (obviously, since I bought this), but THAT is the song you gave her to sing? Not something recognizable like Whistle While You Work or anything a bit less old-school? I will say that some of them (like Ariel and Rapunzel) are spot-on, but Snow White and Tiana in particular, are phoned-in stereotypes in terms of sayings/songs. It would have been pretty easy to put a bit more thought into a few of them to make them both true to the character and not parent eyebrow-raising.
15 of 18 found the following review helpful:
Fun, but...Sep 13, 2012
By Guenevere C. O. Brien
My 4 year old enjoys playing with the castle. Lots of options for independent, imaginative play which is what we are working on. My only complaint is that (considering the not-so-cheap price tag ) the castle comes apart easily. If you pick it up by the top, it disconnects and the flags fall off of the top easily. I spend quite a bit of time putting it back together if my daughter picks it up. Ultimately, we are going to have to glue the pieces together. So think about ordering some Krazy Glue along with this item.
5 of 5 found the following review helpful:
It's a hit for us!Sep 19, 2012
I got my daughter the whole set for her birthday (castle, princesses, Ariel's ride). My daughter is 3 and I was worried about little people being too babyish for her since she has a real doll house. This was a hit right out of the box! Each princess sings their own song when placed in the middle, she loves to sing along. The Princes don't make any noise when placed on the center. There is only one song played when they are dancing...gets annoying. The teapot makes one noise. The castle doors also make noise when opened.
Like someone else mentioned our castle had a warped bedroom floor. It does not sit straight.....bothers me a ton makes no difference to my daughter. My husband was not thrilled putting this together...he hates putting kids toys together in general well more taking them out of crazy packaging but lol it took him a few to find a screw driver small enough for the holes. I think it should have been priced lower more 30-35 range. Overall was it worth it..yes. My daughter loved it that's all that matters. Even her little brother who is 10 months can eat...I mean play with it :)
See all 527 customer reviews on Amazon.com